Large Business of the Year
Aprendamos Awarded Large Business of the Year
LAS CRUCES – Aprendamos is proud to announce that the Greater Las Cruces Chamber of Commerce handed out its annual awards during a gala Friday, April 6, 2018 at the Las Cruces Convention Center and awarded Aprendamos with Large Business of the Year. Aprendamos has served our community for 12 years and has grown to meet the needs of children and families with 7 programs and 180 team members.
Aprendamos programs include Aprendamos Intervention Team, Esperanza Children’s Therapy, Mariposa Autism Service Center, Alegria Family Counseling, Cariño Home Visiting Program, Conscious Fathering Program of Southern New Mexico, and Community Based Child Abuse Prevention Program.
In addition to handing out the awards, the chamber also thanked outgoing Chairman of the Board Rick Jackson, of American Document Services, and welcomed incoming board president Denton Park, of MountainView Regional Medical Center.
Here are all of the award winners:
- Crystal Apple Teacher of the Year: Robbi Berry
- Crystal Apple Emerging Teacher: Elisa Holguin
- Crystal Apple Special Recognition: Booker T. Washington
- Police Officer of the Year: Paul Lujan
- Firefighter of the Year: Paul Ford
- Citizen of the Year: Garrey Carruthers
- Chairman’s award: Sabrina Martin
- Las Cruces Young Professional of the Year: Scott Krahling
- Nonprofit of the Year: The Bridge of Southern New Mexico
- Small Business of the Year: Emerald Isle Boutique
- Large Business of the Year: Aprendamos Intervention Team
Left to Right
Jed Fanning, Citizens Bank of Las Cruces, 2016 Large Business Winner
Dean Palma, Aprendamos Partner
Bryan Tierney, Aprendamos Partner
Grace Legarreta, Aprendamos Lead Family Service Coordinator
Caroline Zamora, Aprendamos Lead Public Relations Coordinator
Rick Jackson, American Document Services, GLCCC 2017 Chairman of the Board