Conscious Fathering of Southern New Mexico
Welcome to Conscious Fathering!
Conscious Fathering Program is a hands-on class that prepares fathers for taking care of their newborn baby. This class is for fathers with newborns and expecting fathers in their second or third trimester. This is a three-hour class that covers topics such as how to hold your baby, feeding, cleaning, comforting, and how to identify baby’s basic needs. This is a class for fathers and taught by fathers.
• HAVE A PLAN
• Learn the basics
• Establish what being a
father means to you
• Identify and anticipate
your baby’s needs
• Create lasting relationships
Fathering in 15™
Fathering in 15™ Format
Each topic follows the same framework using text written at 5th-6th grade reading level, along with short videos and interactive graphics to engage dad in learning.
Each topic contains the following sections:
- What to Know: The basics and foundation of the topic at hand.
- What Else: More on the topic at hand, what “else” you need to know.
- What to Ask: Questions to ask yourself to reflect on what you just learned about the topic at hand.
- Get Inspired: A video to help reinforce or inspire dad about the topic and/or fathering in general.
- Learn More: Final thoughts and closing up the topic.
Topics Covered in Fathering in 15™:
01 Family History
02 Being a Man and Dad
03 Handling Emotions
04 Grief and Loss
05 Your Health
06 You and Mom
07 Talking with Mom
09 Fathering Skills
10 Child Development
11 Child Discipline
14 Work-Family Balance
15 Managing Money
From the Fathering in 15™ website.